[Bf-docboard] Intro, and apology

Noel Stoutenburg brasshat at core.com
Fri Aug 16 23:56:00 CEST 2013

Friends,

I am Noel Stoutenburg, a user who is somewhere between a 1 year user of
Blender 6 times over, and a 6-year Blender user. I am mainly interested
in mesh modeling, and that is where I've devoted most of my personal
efforts, principally in making user content for the Railroad simulator
software, by th the Australian firm, N3V, under the brand of "Trainz".

Now the apology: having a certain, very modest capability of editing
different WIKI's, I took irt upon myself, without necessarily following
the recommended practices to make some small enhancements to the Blender
documentation. When I identified significant holes in parts of  two
pages,
<http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/3D_interaction/Navigating/3D_View_Options>,
and
<http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Editing/Edges>,
I took it upon myself to make an effort to close these holes.

In the case of the 3D_View_Options page cited, I made two additions. The
first was to clarify that the "size" parameter of a background image is
a scalar value, and to specify in the documentation how it is applied to
the dimensions of an image. The second was to add a (partial) list of
supported file formats in which a background image should be found. In
the latter case, i don't know that this list is exhaustive, but I tested
the formats I listed.

In the case of the "Meshes/Editing/Edges" page, I noticed a deficiency
that there was no documentation as to how one would unmark an edge which
had been formerly marked as a crease for the purposes of the subdivision
surface modifier, and when I learned the information, I provided that
for the benefit of the greater community.

I'll try to adhere more closely to the Standard procedures and customs
in the future.

ns