[Bf-docboard] Current state of wiki updating.

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Sep 3 13:11:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

I agree that the review process is not working, at this point the
community is just too small to have a process this formal. People
can't take responsibility immediately, they start first making small
changes, and later might get more involved and be ready to take on
responsibility. But there's not much point in doing that before they
have worked for a while to convince themselves and others that this is
something they want to do.

Not sure what the right answer is, but I think the reviewing process
should be relaxed. At least small changes like documenting a new
option and the type of cleanups mentioned at the top of manual pages
should be allowed without review. Why not do that and have a few
people monitor recent changes? I'd volunteer for that.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=Special:RecentChangesLinked&limit=500&days=30&target=Doc%3A2.6%2FManual

Brecht.