[Bf-docboard] New to blender wiki

fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com
Sat Mar 3 05:35:01 CET 2012

Hi,

Here's how I do it (in more detail than you probably care about).
Obviously you'll need to substitute in your wiki username instead of mine.

1. Go to my user page and open edit mode
(http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Fade)
2. Make a link to a new page with the appropriate address and save it.
e.g. [[User:Fade/Doc:2.6/Manual/Interface/Window_types|Window types]] to
correspond with
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Interface/Window_types
3. The new link will display in red as there's nothing in the new page
yet (see my user page for an example)
4. Click the red link to open up edit mode for the new page
5. In a new browser tab, go to the wiki page I want to fix and open the
edit mode.
6. Copy and paste everything from the wiki page to the corresponding
version on my user page and save my user page version.
7. Add a WIP fix message to the wiki page that links to my fix page  (so
that people know someone is working on it) and save it.
8. Go to my fix page and edit it.
9. When I'm finished, I take the WIP message off the wiki page

There's plenty of small pages currently listed on the review table
(http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Wiki_Tasks/Review_2.6_Manual)
that really only need images and minor corrections which might be a good
place to start learning.

e.g.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/3D_interaction/Transform_Control/Pivot_Point/Bounding_Box_Center
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/3D_interaction/Transform_Control/Pivot_Point/Individual_Origins