[Bf-docboard] Page Update (Doc:2.6/Manual/Introduction/Installing Blender/Linux)

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:33:56 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Tibor Futo <tiborfuto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Blender uses the Alt button for three button mouse emulation. I suggest not
> changing the default keybinding for Blender's Alt-Click behavior for three
> button mouse emulation. Linux's screen grabbing for Alt-Click is pretty
> stupid But, what developers could do is: not propagating the Alt-Click to
> the OS. That way Alt-Click would work in Blender, but no OS setting
> modification would be neccessary.
>
> My guess is that most Blender users are using Ubuntu for the latest video
> drivers, and most people use a Gnome derivative as a desktop. So I do not
> really get your KDE comment :-).
>
> T.

I know a LOT of KDE users. I would think Ubuntu is bigger but there
are plenty of KDE users.
My kde Sabayon is using Nvidia 310.19
Is Ubuntu more up to date?

My fix for kde is EASY just change the KDE system key to the meta key.
--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: