[Bf-docboard] Page Update (Doc:2.6/Manual/Introduction/Installing Blender/Linux)

Tibor Futo tiborfuto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:19:06 CET 2012

Ubuntu by default uses Unity, which is a Gnome Shell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_%28user_interface%29

Blender uses the Alt button for three button mouse emulation. I suggest not
changing the default keybinding for Blender's Alt-Click behavior for three
button mouse emulation. Linux's screen grabbing for Alt-Click is pretty
stupid But, what developers could do is: not propagating the Alt-Click to
the OS. That way Alt-Click would work in Blender, but no OS setting
modification would be neccessary.

My guess is that most Blender users are using Ubuntu for the latest video
drivers, and most people use a Gnome derivative as a desktop. So I do not
really get your KDE comment :-).

T.