[Bf-docboard] Do we need a Blender Manual?

Fade fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com
Sun Dec 9 21:10:21 CET 2012

So if we didn't have a wiki manual, what would be the method of
documentation?

I agree with kesten that the main issue in getting an up to date manual
is Blender's development speed and that we're still trying to update the
manual from 2.4, let alone properly document the new features of 2.6.

Short of a big influx of new contributors who will write/fix entire
pages rather than just making minor corrections, I don't know a way to
get everything up to speed. Switching away from the wiki style will
probably just make it even harder to get people interested.

@jim: what sort of alternatives were you thinking of?