[Bf-docboard] Blender Reference

Pep Ribal pepribal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 16:15:22 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

I started my own Blender Reference on January. Some of you warned me
about how hard it would be to get it done, but I just didn't listen.
So I started. And it was going well. However, I'm at a point that I
feel overwhelmed. What I tried to do was to fill the many many
undocumented features (big and small), so I started trying things,
pushing buttons, etc. and I really could document a few undocumented
things.

However, I'm beginning to feel exhausted. Yeah, you were right: it's
too much for a single man. So I'm presenting you the work done so far
(3-months work on spare time, as I've been a few weeks off now, due to
the birth of my child).

I'd like the community to judge it a work worth continuing, or
something to scrap. I, personally, would love to have it go on, and
have people help me out. Or perhaps, some of you will tell me to
abandon it, and join the user manual documenters, which I could also
go for.

My working method has been so far:
1. Test every button in every panel.
2. If it is documented, use it to learn the tool.
3. If it is not, trial and error until I find out how it works.
4. Bug reporting (poor developers hate me already, I assume ;).
5. Document it.

I've covered a very tiny portion of Blender, which makes me feel overwhelmed.

In summary, I don't feel like continuing this work alone, so either
find someone to help me out, or perhaps it's time for me to abandon
and board another ship.

This is the link to my work so far:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Pepribal/Ref

Regards,