[Bf-docboard] 2.5 Wiki Changes

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:42:33 CET 2011

Hi Narayan,

I'd prefer that decisions regarding blender's wiki are made by people
that have done significant work (meaning with a good amount of
contributions in the wiki itself) and following the rules we have.

Rules can be discussed of course, but IMHO by people that have already
followed the current ones for a while, and have a significant experience
and history in this wiki.

I don't really want to be harsh, but I don't see many edits in your user
page :/

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Special:Contributions/Raindrops

I think it is understandable that there is a difference among people
doing real work and people having opinions, no offense.

On 11/07/2011 06:06 AM, Raindrops From Sky wrote:

> But in our case, Blender itself has changed drastically (say Cycles,
> Dynamic Paint, Dope sheet,  etc.). Therefore the wiki structure NEEDS to
> change.

New topics aren't a change (Cycles, Dynamic Paint).
Dopesheet represent a change, but that's just a small part of the whole
manual.

> Jared had taken that initiative long ago, but those suggestions have
> remained in sandbox for a very very very long time now.

Bastien has waited several months before someone had the time to review,
it's normal, because this is a volunteering project.

> It is this inflexibility that led me to making the manual in pdf form,
> which is already making good progress.

Stating that you work on your own manual and pretending to make
decisions here is a bit weird IMHO.

> P.S. I had earlier suggested that I would like to work on SEO (I
> purposely mentioned ONLY the "description" meta tag, because Google uses
> it to show the queried terms in bold. If we can decide the strategy
> about how to formulate it, I can work on those tags, either alone or as
> part of SEO team.)

There is a thread about SEO now, please reply there, thanks :)

> According to Google SEO guidelines, having a site map helps SEO, which
> should be made/updated frequently to reflect the current state of the
> website. So running that map-maker script periodically would help our SEO.

As stated, this is in the todo.

Regards,
Luca