[Bf-docboard] Redirecting old 2.3 docs: help needed!

Fade S fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com
Sat Nov 5 02:21:42 CET 2011

I'm happy to help with this. How do you want to split up the work to avoid duplication? Maybe we can assign volunteers a section in the order they've emailed. e.g. you take Section 1: Introduction to Blender, Jaagup takes Section 2: Modelling, materials and lights, I take Section 3: etc.

I do have a few queries though. Why are we mapping it to the 2.4 manual and not the 2.6 manual? From the mapping and your later post here:

http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-docboard/2011-November/003772.html

It seems like we'll be mapping 2.3-->2.4, then aligning 2.4 to 2.6 as much as possible. If I've understood this and the later SEO discussions correctly (and very likely I haven't ;)), it means that people will search for "blender extrusion", find the 2.3 page, get shifted over to the 2.4 manual via the server mapping and then redirected to 2.6.

If you're going to align 2.4 and 2.6, would it not be simpler to wait until that is done, then just map 2.3 directly to 2.6?