[Bf-docboard] Redirecting old 2.3 docs: help needed!

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Nov 3 14:01:50 CET 2011

Hi,

Sorry, didn't intend to start a discussion, mainly wanted to point to
what I think may be a bigger google search issue :)

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Raindrops From Sky
<raindrops.fromsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Brecht's comment:
> Google also recommends having a sitemap for good ranking.
> But does the Google algorithm react adversely when the site map is
> constantly changing?
> With the proposed 2-month development cycles, the map is bound to change
> because of new features.
> Change of name space would add to that problem.
> AFAIK there is no Google SEO guidance about such situations.

This is not so much about wiki internal links, but other websites. We
can change all our links to point to the new version, add a good
sitemap, etc, but most other websites will still link to the old page,
and so it's likely to be ranked higher because of that.

Brecht.