[Bf-docboard] Blender.org education/help section

Raindrops From Sky raindrops.fromsky at gmail.com
Fri May 20 08:28:09 CEST 2011

Great!

A couple of questions:
1. How does this script run? (Great if it is designed as a Blender plugin.)

2. Can it take all sorts of screenshots (not just panels), as needed?
It should be able to capture (a) icons, (b) any rectangle on screen or (c)
panel.

3. Can that script include OCR (with Tesseract etc)?
    (we need an easy-to-use integrated script)

We will definitely need the OCR'd text along with each screenshot.
A typical example is to describe what each control does.

If the screenshot is not OCR'd, we will need to enter a lot of text
manually.
*****
Another option is using ZScreen (an open source screenshot program hosted at
Google: see http://code.google.com/p/zscreen/)
It can take a screenshot and upload it on any designated hosting server in
one shot.
Additionally, it can invoke an OCR program simultaneously.
(Its "Action" tab allows us to send a command with the captured image as
argument).

One solution using MS Document Imaging is already suggested at its website (See
http://code.google.com/p/zscreen/wiki/CaptureOCR).

But if it can be used with a command line program like Tesseract, it would
be great.

Regards,
Narayan