[Bf-docboard] 2.5 Wiki Changes

Jared Reisweber jaredr122 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 06:54:32 CEST 2011

Okay. Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I got a little excited. I'll copy
over the current state of the manual to Meta:Sandbox, then revert the manual
back to look like the Doc:Manual/earlier Doc:2.5/Manual index.

The sandbox link is:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Sandbox/Doc:2.5/Manual_Proposal

The 2.5 index had considerable differences from the 2.4 index already when I
started, so its hard to judge what I should put back and add/remove. I
changed it back a little bit. Do you want me to straight up just revert it
back to the version before I messed with it, or make it look like the 2.4
index? Bleh, now I'm really confused. heh.

Some of the changes I made were necessary, as many topics were missing
completely, and many 2.5 features are very different from their 2.4
counterparts, such as the animation system.

Other changes were made to consolidate very short pages together. Also, some
features from 2.4 were rearranged in 2.5's interface, lending themselves to
be grouped differently in the manual. For example, consider the Output
Panel, and the Format Panel in 2.4's render settings. These have changed
considerably in 2.5, as far as organization. The manual should reflect this
new grouping and workflow, which why many of my changes seemed logical.

The pages are still there for the most part, they just have been grouped a
little differently, and some have been added. It probably looks more changed
than it actually is. Most of the changes have more to do with the usability
of manual itself than the changes to Blender in 2.5, in my opinion.