[Bf-docboard] Changes to Installing-Python for 2.5

Fade fadeshayol at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:23:50 CEST 2011

I've made a draft to replace the following page

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.5/Manual/Introduction/Installing_Blender/Python

as most of the text on this page refers to 2.49 and how to set the
Pythonpath etc.

The new draft is here

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Sandbox/Doc:2.5/Python#Python.2C_a_Scripting_Language

It's much smaller than the original, but my understanding (which could be
wrong) is that due to the bundling of Python 3.2 into Blender 2.5, there's
considerably less cause for most Blender users to actively download the full
python install. I don't know whether it's worth mentioning that Python may
get installed as a dependency on *nix distros when using their particular
install method.

My thought is that it would be best to leave that out and have this page
only deal with the official binary versions.