[Bf-docboard] Syntax highlighting in Blender Wiki

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 30 10:53:25 CEST 2010

Hello,

finally JesterKing has installed the syntax highlighter mediawiki extension. Many thx Natahan! :)

Here you find 2 examples:

Python
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Style_Guide/Code#Python

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Style_Guide/Code#C

If someone has time it would be good to switch from <pre> or <code> to <source="python"> and <source="c"> in the wiki pages.

NOTE ABOUT COLORS

Colors are standard Genghi colors but inverted since I'd really prefer to
have the text on black background.

I'd really like to stick on those colors because it's easy to take Genshi
css, quicly invert the colors to add a style to render a new language on black background: sice there's a rule you don't have to waste time converting syntax highlighting rules into css.

I'll take some time next few days to do C++ css with this same rules and maybe some others if it's needed.

Campbell asked to have the same "css" as blender's text editor but colors
on grey are tricky IMO, so I'd prefer not.
Other asked about "standard" colors like sticking to VIM/EMACS etc.

My personal opinion about this is

1) I prefer black background since this is OK with thw current BlenderWiki skin (I've tried, white background sucks, grey is a nightmare).

2) I don't think there is a real standard: anyone could come and ask VIM, EMACS, gedit, nedit, or geany, or whatever, I woudn't consider them standards since there are so many out there.

So, if anyone really feels to edit the css, please keep the background black and let's try to be consistent with all the languages (means, builtins should be same colors for each language, same for modules etc).

Best regards,
Luca