[Bf-docboard] Blender books -> official reference

Mike Belanger mikejamesbelanger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 18:19:05 CET 2010

> We already have excellent online documentation, in the form of the wiki.  It is organized very closely to the ideas that have been proposed.  Reading the wiki has helped me tremendously.  Between the wiki and Google, what more would the reference book(s) provide?

There should be a distinction between what sort of topics the wiki covers, and what the books do.  The books should be
value-added over the wiki.

I agree with Ton et all on organizing books by common areas, ie Animation, Modeling, Texturing, etc.  Those
could all have specific tutorials, step-by-steps, on creating something.

I think the wiki should be a generic glossary of tools, terminology, and settings.  Specific tutorials in the wiki shouldn't have as much priority.

Mike Belanger ( Mikahl )
www.watchmike.ca