[Bf-docboard] Where's Bias setting for Ambient Occlusion gone in 2.49b?

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 14 13:56:55 CET 2010

Hi Jimmy
> I'm trying to locate the AO Bias option to remove facet artifacts on
> smooth,
> curved surfaces. I have a number of smooth columns which all have this
> problem with AO facet artifacts and I do not know what else to do with it.
Well, the AO has changed (been extended) a bit in last Blender release,
so the bias
control is no more visible/present by default.

In fact, it only shows up when you select the “Raytrace” gather method,
with the
“Constant Jittered” sampling (I think this was the historical method,
when you had no choice ;) ).

Anyway, I’ve just updated the doc:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Lighting/Ambient_Occlusion

Regards,