[Bf-docboard] Help needed cleaning pages: redirects/shortcuts/headers+footers

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Wed Sep 23 20:22:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

some introduction first :)

1)

When I've cleaned the wiki some time ago, I didn't change the text in pages
after each move to sync the links to the new page names, for time reason.
So now the wiki is quite full of links like [[Manual/PartI/Foo]] which
should be [[Doc:Manual/Bar/Foo]] or similar.

Someone gets confused by that, because you click on Manual/PartI/Foo and
you get Doc:Manual/Bar/Foo and this gives the impression that something
gone wrong (there's a redirect going on of course).

So I've prepared a template to show redirects in the page, and put
it in the footer so that each page has a list of redirects that one can
use to clean the page (see the manual pages, at the bottom).

2)

Also, shortcuts templates were too much confusing and hard to remember IMO,
so I've recently made a new template called "Shortcut" to do all the
shortcuts in one template (also easier to maintain).

With it, old {{CK|A}} would become {{shortcut|ctrl|a}}.
Have a look here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:2.5/Guides/Templates

3)

As you might know I've also fixed the headers and footers to uniform them,
and put Page/Navigator template into the various UM/Navigator templates to
spread the fix all over the manual. But, still pages contain "UM/Navigator".

==> As a result, we need to clean a bit, especially before 2.5.1 documentation starts.

Now, Smerch in IRC has kindly offered to clean these 3 elements in Doc:Manual pages! :)

If someone here has some time for helping out, this could be finished in a shorter time and with less stress. After all it is a matter or some
copypastes! :)

Thanks, Luca