[Bf-docboard] Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 59, Issue 7

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Thu Dec 31 12:23:52 CET 2009

Hi Patrick,

--- On Thu, 12/31/09, Patrick Tew wrote:

> Dear Blenders
>
> Please forgive me if this is common knowledge, but when is
> the next issue of the manual, or any other form of
> documentation due out?

The official manual is here
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual

> The reason I want to know is that I
> thought that I might offer my services as an editor. I
> haven't had much experience as such, but I am a native
> English speaker and can produce a reference and credentials
> as required. Blender's probably already got it covered,
> but I thought I may be able to proof read and suggest/make
> corrections along with anything else I can do.

Cool :)

Please read these guidelines
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Writer_Guide
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Style_Guide
to learn how to get into our wiki workflow :)

> Most of The
> Blender Foundation's stuff is really well written, but I
> have noticed some mistakes, such as spelling and grammar, in
> work translated into English, such as the Game Kit 2.

> I'm not sure how the Doc Board system works, or if the
> public are even allowed to see the manuals and books before
> it is released, but I'd like to help anyway I can. How
> do I volunteer for such a job at Blender?

For printed books I think it's a completely different story: that is, I think you have to contact/be contacted by book authors.

Thanks for offering your help :)

Regards,
Luca

http://www.mindrones.com