[Bf-docboard] New Glossary System

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 10 16:47:18 CET 2009

Hi every body.

I’ve uploaded an updated version of the Glossary extension, here:
http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/1/19/Glossary_Proposition_02.zip

The main changes since last week:
*I found and correct a bug in PHP code, that affected rendering of
pages… (rendering Mediawiki code is a real headache!)
*I added a first JS piece, just handling the “shortdesc” infobox pup-up
for now. I used JQuery to implement it, so you will need it for testing
(anyway, I included a “customized” version of blender skin in the archive).

So, this is not yet a definitive version, but it is rather functional,
enough to allow you to test it if you have a local sandbox wiki – and
let me know what you think about it!

The doc of the extension is still included in it (use {{#glossary_help}}
function to display it), with a copy here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mont29/Glossary_Extension

Regards,
Bastien

PS: I forgot to say it last time, but to use the example data of the
archive, you should add these lines in your “LocalSettings.php” file,
after including glossary extension:

## Glossary extension…
require_once "$IP/extensions/glossary/glossary.setup.php";
$wgGlossarySettings->mEnsynRedirMsg = array("en" => "See the
“{{Glossary/Link|ref=$1|txt=$2}}” entry.",
                                            "fr" => "Voyez l’entrée
“{{Glossary/Link|ref=$1|txt=$2}}”.");

With this glossary-template redefined this way, the auto-generated
“synonyms” entries will use the {{Glossary/Link}} template for back
link, instead of a standard wiki-link – not a crucial point, but for
consistency…