[Bf-docboard] One thought.

Jean Montambeault blenderized at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 15 18:17:37 CEST 2008

Hey gang !

I was on the wiki just now and I found out that all the contributions to
the whole wiki are put into the same pot. It doesn' t feel right.
Shouldn't we have a mechanism, something like bf-blender-cvs, that would
let us know instantly what commit are done to the parts of the wiki that
concerns us so we can keep track of them and have a more immediate
feedback ?

My sentiment stems from the conviction that the documentation effort
should be given just as much importance as there is given to the coding
effort. Not to make it a question of prestige, just for having the right
tools to organize the work (and motivate people to become part of the
team as a side effect, honestly. ).

I think that I can justify that importance if we consider that Blender's
reach among potential users is greatly limited if only those who have
the expertise (and cunning) to track down and understand the information
that dribbles from IRC and the forums can make use of it. Nobody will
disagree on that I'm sure.

Back to the wiki now.

J.