[Bf-docboard] Docboard re-activation

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 9 19:59:39 CET 2008

Hi all,

First off; my apologies for being silent. I had actually switched off
mails from the list to self for several years, just to be able to focus
on all other things. :)

I'm now looking forward to a relatively quiet period for 4-6 months
before the next open movie starts. Apart from coding on 2.5 (most of my
time) I also intend to help getting the documentation projects back in
track.

My impression is that there's no real lack of documentation efforts
(well we can also need more) but mostly lack of design, coordination
and planning. That's what I'd like to spend some time on the next
months.

The past few days I've cleaned the blender.org cms somewhat, it had too
many outdated pages too, and didn't link to (much better and recent)
wiki docs.
Today I've checked on the development section of wiki, and moved some
stuff around and updated/added links. I needed that because the main
dev section http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?BlenderDev had to be
linked from blender.org a lot.

But what a glorious mess our wiki is! :)

I would propose to tackle the following:
- Make a design and navigation structure for wiki. I think we need a
clear distinction of "official docs" versus "personal pages".
- We also have to define what goes to blender.org cms, and what in wiki
- Finding out who would like to help on achieving this, and make a plan
for it
- Assigning sections to "owners" who will accept coordination of such
sections, to keep them clean and up to date.

Regards,

-Ton-