[Bf-docboard] Translation of Blender Essential. Is it legal?

Jury Azovtzev gumanoed at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 10:46:56 CEST 2008

As i see in license:

a) You must cause the modified content to carry prominent notices
stating that you changed it, the exact nature and content of the
changes, and the date of any change.

we must hold english and russian variants of the text on the same page?

if we use wiki, is it satisfy this point automaticaly? (there are old
page versions with the whole english text, time lables of editions and
names of editors).

On 7/6/08, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:
> The editor/lead author is Roland Hess,
>
> Essential Blender is under the Blender Open Content License
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Books/Essential_Blender_(text)
>
> LetterRip
>
> On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Jury Azovtzev <gumanoed at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hallo!
>>
>> Here is an idea of russian translation of Blender Essential. And i
>> would like to know, is it permited?
>>
>> What license is it use?
>> Is it possable to get official permition from author?
>>
>> --
>> With best regards.
>> Azovtzev Jury
>>
>> ForceTeam NNLUG