[Bf-docboard] FAQ Refactor

Juho Vepsäläinen bebraw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 20:06:03 CET 2006

Hi

I started refactoring the wiki FAQ (
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/FAQ) today. The refactoring changed
the structure of the FAQ to be tree like. (Similar to file structure.) The
idea of this hierarchy is to offer answers to more broad questions at higher
levels. More specific questions get answered at lower levels. Each FAQ page
should contain about twenty questions and answers to keep it useable. To
help navigating in the FAQ links can be found at the end of each page. Also
index page is available. You can also find a question page which contains
unanswered questions.

Now remains to be decided what kind of high level hierarchy the FAQ should
have. I have put a proposal at
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Talk:FAQ. Feel free to comment. It is
important to have the structure set up well and unambiguously. After we have
the structure set up, it is time to start filling the FAQ.

Unfortunately I am not able to take part in the meeting at Saturday but I
hope you can review the FAQ then.

Yours
Juho Vepsäläinen (aka BeBraw)