[Bf-docboard] 4th November Meeting Summary

Juho Vepsäläinen bebraw at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 19:40:35 CET 2006

Hi

The attendance of the meeting was low but we managed to have a successful
meeting with a couple of interesting results.

We created a page for the meetings:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDoc/Meetings. You can find the
agenda and the log of each meeting there.

The main issues we went through during the meeting were following:
1. Wiki structure
We will have to look into restructuring the wiki to provide portals for
users, developers and writers. Also possibility of particular namespaces for
each user group was looked upon.

2. Wiki CSS
The wiki CSS will need a touch up in near future.

3. Wiki writers
The current way of granting writing rights won't work in longer term. It was
decided that granting of writing rights should be changed towards merit
based system similar to CVS commit rights in Blender source. This means that
the new users provide "patches" as in additions to the wiki that will be
reviewed by the wiki team. To provide easier reviewing, it was suggested
that a tracker should be created for this. The tracker could also contain
work list. It could be used to assign work to the writers and to coordinate
efforts.

4. Wiki leader
timmeh agreed to lead the wiki provided there are people to lead and that we
get the wiki rolling.

5. Wiki meetings
We will have a meeting at least once per month. The next meeting will be
held next Saturday (11th November) at 15:00 GMT.

6. PHP upgrade
Blender Foundation will need to be contacted to get PHP of the wiki upgraded
to newer version.

7. Wiki FAQ
I agreed to implement my FAQ proposal to the FAQ of the wiki. We will review
this in the next meeting.

I hope I got the main things nailed down. Of course you can read the log at
the wiki. (http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDoc/Meetings)

Yours
Juho Vepsäläinen (aka BeBraw)