[Bf-docboard] softimage wiki

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 07:49:04 CET 2006

I was glancing at the softimage wiki, and there are a number of things
that I think might be valuable to adopt

http://softimage.wiki.avid.com/index.php/Main_Page

1) Their sidebar that links to major categories of interest -
Animation; Modeling; Texturing etc.

http://softimage.wiki.avid.com/index.php/Category:Animation

2) Major category break downs into sub categorys with links to
specific tutorials or answers; and then a link to relevant
documentation sections down below

http://softimage.wiki.avid.com/index.php/Category:Animation

3) There knowledge base sections - basically a database of all
questions asked for a category

http://softimage.wiki.avid.com/index.php/Category:Animation_Knowledge_Base

That seems a far more logical and faster layout than we have
currently.  Obviously they don't have the need to accomodate
developers that we do.

I do think that the information on their front page isn't very useful
at all though.

I've also looked at other 3d wikis such as zbrush

http://www.zbrush.info/site/index.php/ZBrushInfo_Home

LetterRip