[Bf-docboard] Considerations for the next print version of the manual

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Apr 29 15:19:25 CEST 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Ewout Fernhout wrote:

> It doesn't make sense to talk about the 100px, preference... You would
> have to specify a zoom level for the interface (how many pixels should
> every panel be?). Screenshots just don't have a high-resolution
> version, and it doesn't matter. 100px on screen looks just as good as
> 100px in a book *for a screenshot*. Now for photo's, that's a

I disagree... Blender's interface is almost (apart from the icons)
completely vector-driven, and thus can deliver arbitrary-size screenshots,
which is a fact that should definitely be used for print.

Also, as you pointed out, this talk about "100px" is pretty useless for
print. We can talk about DPI. Generally, one will need to know the *actual*
*physical* size of the final image in the book to know what resolution to
use for the screenshot for getting a good result.