[Bf-docboard] languages

Alastair Mason alabandit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:16:38 CEST 2006

So the currantly supported languages are
[.ar] Arabic
[.de]
[.es]
[.fr] French
[.it] Italian
[.fi]
[.pl]
[.pt]
[.kr]
[.dk]
Chinees is also supported of site
These are the ones I sure of.

so the top ten then would be
*Mandarin Chinese (1.12 billion)
*English (480 million)
Spanish (320 million)
Russian (285 million)
*French (265 million)
Hindi/Urdu (250 million)
*Arabic (221 million)
Portuguese (188 million)
Bengali (185 million)
Japanese (133 million)
*German (109 million)

(* indicating supported)

This leaves us with the need to support the following languages,unless
i'm mistaken.
Spanish
Russian
Portuguese
Hindi/Urdu
Bengali
Japanese

Or are the other languages that we needed to look at?

Assugestion then would be to define 5 or 6 page that we define as
esencial to using blender

eg: the quick start quide
Introduction
The interface
Navagating in 3d space
Vital functions
GUS parts 1 and to 2

as well as the Writers guide and Style Guide

this should be sufficant for the average user to get to know blender
as well as encourage them to continue translating the guide. Or do you
disagree?

The next quesion to look at is how do we generat hype to encourage
people to traslate the guide?

cheers for now
al