[Bf-docboard] Serious Issue: Versioning - Proposal

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:42:34 CET 2005

The current state of the manual isn't valid to any version - it is a
mix between 2.35, 2.36, 2.37a and 2.40 so until things are updated
across the board to 2.40 it doesn't really make sense to do what you
propose.  However even after we are caught up to 2.40 your idea adds a
lot of overhead for, in my view, limited gain.  If you want different
manuals for different versions, then once it is agreed to document a
new upcoming release - a full copy and automatic renaming could be
done and only bugfixes should be made to the original version.

Also the images for pretty much every section will need to be redone
after the UI update is committed (you can see Tuhopuu for most of the
changes but Matt I believe will be adding a few other improvements as
well.)

LetterRip