[Bf-docboard] Displacement Maps section ?

Tobias Regenbrecht regenbrecht at gmx.net
Thu Nov 3 17:34:38 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag, 3. November 2005 16:24 schrieb malefico andauer:
> Shouldn't this section be included in "Textures" Part
> ? Looks like it was forgotten or is it any other
> reason for it to be omitted ?

I agree. There is missing a section about Image-Textures, one about animated
Image Textures, one about Blend Textures, (maybe one about Wood Textures),
one about Normal (Bump) Maps.

We should have documentation about
    Map Input
    Map To
    Blending Modes
(with examples). But that could go to the reference section.

I propose following structure (and all these parts are ready - but right now
only in German, so I would have to translate them):

IV - TEXTURES

    * Texture Channels
    * Texture Mappings
    * UV Mapping

    * (Animated) Image Textures
    * Blend Textures
    * Displacement Maps
    * Environment Maps
    * Normal and Bump Maps
    * Texture Plugins

The sections "Texture Channels" and "Texture Mappings" are outdated and should
be updated.

With kind regards
--
T. Regenbrecht