[Bf-docboard] Re: Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 13, Issue 11

Alastair Mason alabandit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 20:09:19 CEST 2005

Greetings

I'm relitively new to blender, been using it for a couple of months,
and i am intressed in getting involved were i can. If their is any
were i can get involved, please let me know.

Having read through some of the currant docs, I'm left with one or to questions.

    In vol 1sec I ch 4 - Your first animation in 30 + 30 minutes

1) Is their a reason it's called 30 + 30 mins or is the second 30
rendering time on a really slow system?

2) gray scaling of images
It tells the user to mimic the settings, with out warning them that
its been gray scaled - personaly i was getting a bit woried at this
point, as mine were now bright reds and blues not greys. I dought I'm
the first person who aproaches this literally. I am willing to
rerender the taskbars especialy if no one else has already looked at
this.

3) under lighting in chapter 12, Figure 12.3. Sun Light, specificly,
it shows rays eminating for the circle (bulb).
     More of a personal question i have yet to figare out
i'm using windows XP and 98 separat systems and tried diffrent gaphic
cards. but do not get rays eminating from the source. The
documentation seems to assume these. Am i just over looking some thing
really ovious or is their documentation related to this? and could we
place a link to it if I am not just a special case or prehaps
something in the referance guide.

Thats enough for now.

cheers
al