[Bf-docboard] Back!

Kenneth Styrberg kenneth.styrberg at telia.com
Mon Aug 29 23:36:10 CEST 2005

Hi!

>2 - The2.3 guide was printed by professional typesetter which did *not* use
>the XMLs (Nor the PDF)

I hope they at least used the text! :)

>3 - We definitely need roles, I'll try to bring up a table of peope willing
>todo something, please spechify what you would like to do but plese remember
>that we don't need *only* tutorials, but also reference material.

OK!

>I'm slightly in favour of MediaWiki, but we can indeed stay with docbook. In
>both case I need to appoint some (trusted) people as responsibles of
>different doc parts. In the DocBook case we need someone writing a decent
>CSS and a slender way to upload HTML for browsing and downloading.
>
>Stefano

I played a bit with wiki at
http://www.vrotvrot.com/blenderwiki/index.php/FileBrowser_Window , but I
think it's more difficult, (more work), to create new documents with
pictures online than with docbook (= offline). There are some pros and
cons on both ways.

I also tried to use OpenOffice with a master document and all chapters
as sub documents. It works but there are some things that needs to
improve when working like this. I saw Olivier used OO when he wrote his
docs. The good thing with OO is that exporting to HTML and PDF works
very well. (at least the parts I tested). And OO is cross platform.

Regards

Kenneth