[Bf-docboard] mediawiki vs docbook

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Sun Aug 21 15:47:04 CEST 2005

Hi all,

just to give my 2 cents of input:

As far as I'm concerned there's only one issue: lowering the barrier
for people who are interested in contributing to the documentation.
Having to set up a docbook environment and having to learn how to
work with CVS may seem appealing to geeks (such as me ;-) but it will
scare away 90% of the interested audience.

The only think I would be looking for is an easy to learn, online
cross-OS system that does not require someone to install specific
software that would allow people to contribute after spending only 10
minutes learning how to work with the system. I consider the rest
(how to prepare offline archives, how to prepare for print etc) to be
of lower priority.

My advice would be to first write down the functional demands that we
should have on such a system, and only then worry about technology.

Bart

Op 19-aug-2005, om 17:06 heeft David Millet het volgende geschreven: