[Bf-docboard] About MediaWiki and DocBook

Jason Saunders jason.saund at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 07:40:58 CEST 2005

On 8/20/05, Martin Middleton <martin.middleton at verizon.net> wrote:
> I agree that there is a learning curve to writing DocBook, but today there are tools which will let you write structured text (very similar to MediaWiki) and convert it to DocBook. So now you can write DocBook without having to know DocBook. Or alternately, there are free XML editors that will let you do the same thing.
>
> Just my $0.02.

Where can I find such tools? I have been wanting to write
documentation for Blender, but I don't have the time to fool aruond
with XML editors... I tried one and had very little luck I got the
documentation checked out and the XML editor running, but the workflow
was absolutley horrific (I think this was the XMLmind editor, or
whatever that's called). If you could point me to this easier to use
tool that would be great :)