[Bf-docboard] How can I help?

Chris Burt desoto at blender.spaceisbig.com
Wed Aug 3 07:17:12 CEST 2005

Hello Mike,

On behalf of everyone who hasn't had the time to reply, thanks for your
interest in the documentation project.

Secondly, don't let it discourage you that you haven't received much in
the way of a response. The docboard really isn't a high-traffic mailing
list and there aren't a great number of people who are very active in
the documentation project.

That being said, I myself can't offer much guidance because I myself am
not very active in the documentation project. However, I saw your post
and I thought it would be impolite not to greet such a kind stranger.
Especially one with an eagerness to help out.

Now, all excuses about how I can't help you aside, my best advice would
be to read through the docboard archives on blender.org and look for the
todo list that is compiled every now and then. Somewhere in there is the
answer to, "what should I work on?".

Here's the real ironic part.. the documentation for writing
documentation isn't really up-to-date, nor easy to follow. (At least not
if I recall). You might do yourself a favor and email a more active
contributor directly to spark his attention. Or, more politely, address
him directly on the mailing list.

I hope this reply helps somehow. It's at least an indication to you that
someone is out there in the void listening to your pleas for help. And
even though I'm not much of a rescuer, I can assure that a search party
is on its way. It just might take a while ;)

Regards,
--Chris