[Bf-docboard] Re: Let's start again...

Craig Sanders bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:46:46 -0800

Glad to be of service.

Obviously, from the messages I'm getting off the board, you already have a
mature document structure in place. I will need to learn how that's set up
and how you do your production.

What writing tools do you use? I can contribute in this area - FrameMaker,
Word, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, plus have expert skill with
WebWorks Publisher for conversions.

I am good with tutorials and task oriented scenarios. Can do some API work,
but it isn't my strong suit. I'm willing to work with what ever you need to
have done - just point me in the right direction.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: bf-docboard-admin@blender.org
[mailto:bf-docboard-admin@blender.org]On Behalf Of Stefano Selleri
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 11:38 PM
To: bf-docboard@blender.org
Subject: Re: [Bf-docboard] Re: Let's start again...

Hi!

Thanx Malefico & Martin

Craig, sure we would love help! I'm not native English, and most here are
not!

> Comment: It sounds like this layout is more intended for folks
> editing/contributing than for those reading, as it sounds like it'll be
> more difficult to just get one language.  If this is the true intent,
> and those just reading the docs will get their copy elsewhere, that's
> okay.  Otherwise, it might be something to consider.
YOu are right. This side is purely for authors.

Periodically the XML will be converted to HTML and PDF in language packages.
This hjappened weekely up to November 2003.

Readers, not authors, can browse HTML or download PDF.

> Question: When they go back up, will the "review & post patches" cycle
> be back in effect?  Or will you be making available a list of tasks that
> a non-Blender-expert can pursue?  (I'm still new here, and still willing
> to help...)

Committing changes to the sources will still be moderated,
but we need a larger base of authors, and responsibles for
localization.

For other tasks than core docs we will need tutorials! But we are still
evaluating how these should be done.

Stefano