[Bf-docboard] Re: Let's start again...

David Jaquay bf-docboard@blender.org
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:13:24 -0600

bf-docboard-request@blender.org wrote:

>OK,
>
>Book is next to pubblication
>
>I will have all text back soon
>
>In the meantime I'm completely re-designing the tree
>
>It will be
>
>root -> Part -> chapter -> language
>
>I mean:
>
>There will be a top level of dirs relative to PARTS
>
>In each Part dir there will be a dir for each CHAPTER in the part
>
>each CHAPTER dir will hold:
>
>1 dir containing figures without text ('gfx')
>1 dir containig the XML in a given language. We will have 'en', 'it' 'es'
>dirs...
>whithin each localized dir there will be a subdir 'gfx_locale' with the
>figures
>containing text, which hence must be localized
>
>comments?
>
>Stefano

One comment, one question:

Comment: It sounds like this layout is more intended for folks
editing/contributing than for those reading, as it sounds like it'll be
more difficult to just get one language.  If this is the true intent,
and those just reading the docs will get their copy elsewhere, that's
okay.  Otherwise, it might be something to consider.

Question: When they go back up, will the "review & post patches" cycle
be back in effect?  Or will you be making available a list of tasks that
a non-Blender-expert can pursue?  (I'm still new here, and still willing
to help...)

Thanks,
Dave