[Bf-docboard] Blender Documentation Last modified September 22 2003 S68

Andreas Haferburg bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 18:09:14 +0100

Hi,

> Thanx a lot for proofreading,
> sadly, as I already happened to say before, the online doc
> is freezed waiting for the manual to be published

Maybe you could put that information in a more public place, for example here:
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=documentation&file=index
>From what you said, this page seem to be a bit outdated.

> this because we need to make the manual content free, as
> for the OC license, and it would be a pain to merge
> that and an 'updated' online content. Expecially because
> the manual itself is being heavily edited!
>
> Anyway I point out a previous message! We need to update/convert old
> tutorials and add new ones! So if volunteers are out there...

I don't really understand how it works at the moment. I browsed the CVS tree, but
most of the doc files are 7 months old, so there must be another place for the
real docs. Where can I get information about the state of the manual and the
work-flow?

Since I'm new to Blender, I can't contribute much. But while learning from the
docs I could do some proof-reading, if that's appreciated.

An idea: Why not write a script for making screenshots for the docs? Set up the
.blends and some additional files for the script to know what to do, and simply
run the script. Although there would have to be screenshot functionality to be
implemented in Blender: Keeping the docs up to date would be so much easier!

Best regards and a Happy New Year
Andreas