[Bf-docboard] A simple Blender question the Docs still don't clearly answer

Mike Robinson bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:27:37 -0500

I know that it's very, very hard to write good documentation on a complex=
=20
product like Blender, and I'd like to compliment the doc-project highly o=
n=20
what you've done.  But here's the problem I'm having, the question I stil=
l=20
haven't seen a clear answer to, even though I suspect that it should be=20
simple and I've even seen glimmers of clues that it must be so.

I want to go from a single scene, from a single camera angle, to a longer=
=20
scene in which the camera "cuts" from one position to another.  in other=20
words, in a studio I would shoot this with Cam-1 and Cam-2 and Cam-3 all=20
working the studio-floor while the director calls cuts from one camera to=
 the=20
next.  HOW IS THIS DONE?  :-/

It seems so simple.  And it must be.  But it's clear that the more you kn=
ow=20
about a product like this, the more "bags o' tricks" you accumulate and t=
he=20
more "obvious" the "right" point-of-view becomes.  Perhaps one of you is=20
chuckling and saying "oh that is so easy, you just use ...blah-blah..."  =
But=20
it is not easy.  It is not obvious.  It is a show-stopper, a run-off-the-=
road=20
out-of-gas watching-the-cars-go-by-without-you problem for this beginner.=
 =20
And I hope you'll put it into some future docs.

Thanks for listening.

--=20
Innovative Solutions to Data Management Problems;
Your databases CAN do what you want -- securely!=20
http://www.sundialservices.com