[Bf-docboard] CVS commit: BlenderManual/chapters/character_animation section_charanim_intro.xml section_rigging_tut.xml BlenderManual/chapters/materials section_environment_maps.xml BlenderManual/chapters/mesh_modelling chapter_mesh_modelling.xml secti

Eric Oberlander bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:21:45 +0000

on 6/11/03 6:47 pm, Stefano Selleri at selleri@det.unifi.it wrote:

> Argh!
>
> Those were freezed :)
>
> Do you have a diff please?
>
> Stefano

Oops :(

I didn't create a diff file, so my working copy of CVS is no help to me now.
Perhaps if you do a diff between you're working copy and the version in CVS?

However, I've had a look at the CVS log, and I'll try to give you an idea of
what I changed...

BlenderManual/chapters/character_animation/section_charanim_intro.xml

Line 29 - Fix grammer

< movement or action into several more simple actions
< that will be easier to dealing with. Working with

> movement or action into several simple actions
> that will be easier to deal with. Working with

BlenderManual/chapters/character_animation/section_rigging_tut.xml

Line 79 - Fix typo between figure references, removing a stray left bracket
and replacing it with 'and'

< (<xref linkend="BSG.RIG.F.S68.303"/> (<xref
< linkend="BSG.RIG.F.S68.304"/>).

> (<xref linkend="BSG.RIG.F.S68.303"/> and <xref
> linkend="BSG.RIG.F.S68.304"/>).

Line 109 - Change 'from' to 'front'

< finger and in from view start building a new chain,

> finger and in front view start building a new chain,

BlenderManual/chapters/materials/section_environment_maps.xml

Line 2 - Fix tense of verb 'show'

< The shiny surfaces Blender generates shows specular highlights. The

> The shiny surfaces Blender generates show specular highlights. The

Line 5 - Add apostrophe to shader's

< ordinarily can see. What I mean by this is that specular shaders surfaces
< show

> ordinarily can see. What I mean by this is that specular shader's surfaces
> show

BlenderManual/chapters/mesh_modelling/chapter_mesh_modelling.xml

Line 5 - Grammer fixes

< <emphasis>Mesh</emphasis>. In this chapter we will first enumerate
< the basic mesh objects, or <emphasis>primitives</emphasis>, then
< a long
< series of sections describing in detail the actions
< which can be taken on Mesh Objects.

> <emphasis>Mesh</emphasis>. In this chapter we will first list
> the basic mesh objects, or <emphasis>primitives</emphasis>, then
> a further
> series of sections will describe in detail the actions
> that can be performed on Mesh Objects.

BlenderManual/chapters/mesh_modelling/section_mesh_modelling_extrude.xml

Line 7 - Remove capital A from 'are'

< Although the process is quite intuitive, the principles behind Extrude
< Are fairly elaborate and are outlined below:

> Although the process is quite intuitive, the principles behind Extrude
> are fairly elaborate and are outlined below:

BlenderManual/chapters/mesh_modelling/section_mesh_modelling_subsurf.xml

Line 58 - Two figures 'show' rather than 'shows'

< <xref linkend="BSG.EDT.F.S68.1102"/> and <xref
< linkend="BSG.EDT.F.S68.1103"/> shows,

> <xref linkend="BSG.EDT.F.S68.1102"/> and <xref
> linkend="BSG.EDT.F.S68.1103"/> show,

Line 200 - Two figures 'show examples' rather than 'shows an example'

< shows an example of what can be done with Blender SubSurfs.

> show examples of what can be done with Blender SubSurfs.

BlenderManual/chapters/objectmode/chapter_objectmode.xml

Line 428 - Change 'Is it' to 'It is' and try to improve sense of second
line...

< Is it possible to make an object rotate so that it
< faces another object, and keep this facing even if any of them

> It is possible to make an object rotate so that it
> faces another object, and keep this orientation even if one (or both) of them

BlenderManual/chapters/python/chapter_python.xml

Line 20 - Remove Capitals from 'Being' 'Powerful' and 'Then', change
'scripting Then writing a plugin.' to 'scripting rather than writing a
plugin.'

< Of the two main ways of extending Blender, the other one
< Being binary plugins, Python scripting is more
< Powerful, versatile yet easier to comprehend and robust.
< It is generally preferred to use Python scripting
< Then writing a plugin.

> Of the two main ways of extending Blender, the other one
> being binary plugins, Python scripting is more
> powerful, versatile yet easier to comprehend and robust.
> It is generally preferred to use Python scripting
> rather than writing a plugin.

Line 33 - Fix spelling of 'newly'

< The newley opened Text window is grey and empty, with a very simple

> The newly opened Text window is grey and empty, with a very simple

Line 54 - add 'you' twice to improve readability, change 'loading' to
'load'.

< </guiicon>)  allows to select which Text buffer is to be displayed, as
< well as allowing to create a new buffer or loading a text file.

> </guiicon>)  allows you to select which Text buffer is to be displayed,
> as well as allowing you to create a new buffer or load a text file.

Line 62 - Move comma, so pause is after 'As usual,' which improves rhythm of
sentence.

< As usual pressing, <keycap>LMB</keycap> dragging and releasing
< <keycap>LMB</keycap>

> As usual, pressing <keycap>LMB</keycap> dragging and releasing
> <keycap>LMB</keycap>

BlenderManual/chapters/python/section_python_reference.xml

Line 2 - Remove 'a'. I've also just noticed 'reason' should be 'reasons'
oops :(

< of Blender has a reference documentation which is a book by itself.
< For space reason it is not included here but rather in

> of Blender has reference documentation which is a book by itself.
> For space reason it is not included here.

Line 11 - Fix spelling of 'highlight'. Change 'link' to 'links', 'reported'
to 'included', 'versions would go' to 'version numbers become' and add a
full stop at the end of the paragraph.

< In this section we would like anyway to higlight some
< of the most notable scripts created for Blender by Blender users.
< No web link are reported since the script developers
< are extremely active and links and versions would go outdated
< very quickly

> In this section we would like anyway to highlight some
> of the most notable scripts created for Blender by Blender users.
> No web links are included since the script developers
> are extremely active and links and version numbers become outdated
> very quickly.

BlenderManual/chapters/sequence/chapter_sequence.xml

Line 1225 - Fix tense of verb from 'works' to 'work'

< Sequence plugins works on strips in a way similar to that of conventional

> Sequence plugins work on strips in a way similar to that of conventional

Line 1227 - Fix 'THis' to 'this'

< selected and press &AA;&gt;&gt;Plugin. THis opens a File Selection Window

> selected and press &AA;&gt;&gt;Plugin. This opens a File Selection Window

Line 1232 - Change 'functionalities' to 'functionality', 'than' to 'from'
and 'a Buttons' to 'Buttons'.

< Plugin functionalities varies so much that it is not possible to describe
< them here. Differently than Texture Plugins Sequence Plugins do not have
< a Buttons in any Button Window, but their parameters are usually accessed
< via

> Plugin functionality varies so much that it is not possible to describe
> them here. Differently from Texture Plugins, Sequence Plugins do not have
> Buttons in any Button Window, but their parameters are usually accessed
> via

Again, sorry I've messed up your plans.

Eric