[Bf-docboard] Blender3D.com Education Pages Expansion

Thoenes, Michael A bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:09:47 -0700

I figured out NOT to reply to the list with all the previous posts as part
of my message. Did I do that? egad! Sorry!

Ton said there was sufficient bandwidth still :) at Blender3D.com to add
Training videos to the education page. I would be very willing to apply all
the work I do in preparation for my class this fall to expanding the
education pages at Blender3D.com. That would probably include.

1. A generic syllabus
2. 16 week breakdown of class assignments and homework assignments with
links to tutorials used
3. One or more training videos for each week.
4. Special sections on subjects such as
    a. Blender Character Animation
    b. Blender Effects
    c. ?
5. A categorized tutorial links
6. Some basic but useful blender Objects, materials, etc.
(There is some good stuff already out there, but no way for the
inexperienced to find it.)

I work with Macromedia Dreamweaver. I will set up what I have in mind on my
web space and then someone can integrate it into the Blender3D.com site or I
might be able to do that to.

For the videos, I plan to produce them at 640 x 480 at the highest capture
speed my machine can handle. I will then  compress them with Divx 5 video
compression 22khz mono audio with MPEG-3 compression - Please make
suggestions. The videos can be Zipped downloads..(can all platforms use .zip
- 3Dbuzz uses .rar) Camstudio will also create. swf (Flash) files which
would make nice little inline tutorial graphic

I am working primarily on Windows 2000, but also has Linux Mandrake 9
installed for testing purposes. (I know very little about Linux at this
time). My class will be using MacOS X... So I will have opportunity to
comment on cross-platform variations.

Michael Thoenes