[Bf-docboard] Getting involved....

Martin Kleppmann bf-docboard@blender.org
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:08:13 +0200

Hi,

I would quite like to get involved in the Documentation Board. I am still
quite a newbie to blender, so from that point of view I am especially
interested in helping to make the documentation comprehensible and
sufficiently complete for beginners. (To be precice, I downloaded blender
exactly a week ago today... and since then I've been so fascinated by it
that I hardly did anything else all day :)

After roughly scanning the mailing list archive, I still have a number of
questions that I hope someone could help me along with:

- When I write parts, can I commit them directy to CVS, or should they be
posted to the list?
- Do I need a special account for CVS access?
- Why are all the CVS commits posted to the mailing list?
- How does the DocBoard work relate to the "Blender 2.0 manual"?
- Are there any restrictions (licence etc.) on importing parts of the
"Blender 2.0 manual" into DocBoard?
- Is there an overview on who is currently working on which parts anywhere?
- Is there any interest in German translation? I could do some of that,
too, but it would probably be more sensible to produce extensive
documentation in one language first ;-)

I think that's all for now...
looking forward to hearing from you,

Martin Kleppmann