[Bf-docboard] chapter_mesh_modelling

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:06:29 +0100

Hi Alex,

still - you have to be careful when you make screenshots of things like
wireframe objects at such a high resolution. Both downsampling and
printing on less-than-optimal printing equipment will make the
screenshots unuseable (I mean: the wireframes will be invisible). In my
experience with the Blender Tutorial Guides, making screenshots @
800x600 or 1024x768 at the highest is good enough.

Also, DO think about what you're offering here: your suggestion would
mean that you have to make ALL the screenshots for the manual. Not only
do I think that this will be too much work for one person, but I also
fear that this could become quite difficult to 'manage' correctly.
Wouldn't you agree?

Bart

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 15:59, Alex Heizer wrote:
> Well, the buttons can be scaled the same as an object in the edit
> window, so I can get quite large screenshots of them. Don't know if it
> looks good on all systems, but it looks good on my screen (I'm
> assuming it looks the same on everyone's screens...) They'd be
> printable if I scale them all the way and make a screenshot. The same
> with any 3D window screenshot of objects. I just move the frame
> borders around until I have no button pane and just one 3D edit
> window. I can then make 1600x1200 screencaps of one 3D window, which
> works out to be 5-1/3"x4" printable images, which is about a quarter
> page for A4 and US standard.
>
> The icons would be the only thing that we'd end up having a problem
> getting high-res.
>
> Alex
>

> Bart Veldhuizen wrote:
> > On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Stefano Selleri wrote:
> >

> > > Hi!

Does anyone