[Bf-docboard] Linux Distribution

Nathan Vegdahl bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 07:55:45 -0800 (PST)

> I'd recommend Debian any time, any place. I have
> been a long time SuSE user, then tried Mandrake,
> once RedHat, and then came accross Debian.
> And I'd never use anything else (yet)!

   Mee too! :)  I love Debian.
   But bare in mind that it is not for everyone.  It
is probably one of the most difficult systems to
set-up (although if one is experienced with such
things, then that is a non-issue).

> And if you have a fast net connection, it's as cheap
> as it can get.

   The GPL requires that all distributions (minus the
non-GPL'd packages) be freely available.

--Nathan Vegdahl