[Bf-docboard] how does one view an XML page?

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
06 Jan 2003 22:17:55 +0100

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 01:46, G@l Buki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently writing on chapter 6.
> What I didn't get till now is how to translate the XML file so I can
> view it on my browser the way it looks when it gets into the manual.
>
> Maybe you can point me the right way. I use Windows.

Hi Gal,

you need to 'compile' the DocBook files to an output format such as HTML
or PDF. Felix has set up an environment for Windows, but of course I've
lost the URL again (would anyone care to add that to the documentation?
;-). I think it was based on the e-novative docbook environment. You can
get that here:

http://docbook.e-novative.de/ede/ede.html

I haven't had a chance to try this out with our own Docbook files yet,
so I'm not sure if it will all work at once. I'll give it a try at work
tomorrow.

Can anyone else here help Gal with compiling on a Windows box?

Bart

--
Bart Veldhuizen <bart@vrotvrot.com>