[Bf-docboard] yeehah!

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 20:04:38 +0100

Florian Findeiss wrote:
> It is the upload difficulties! Can anybody tell me good free webspace.

I don't know whether that offer is still valid - otherwise I think that
Bart should know it as well: iptic.com.  Just ask Adam Casto for an
account (mailto:acasto@...), and you get a mysite.iptic.com/youraccount/
page - as I have ATM.  (mysite.iptic.com/xitnalta is currently even more
official than xitnalta.com ;) - I probably don't have to tell you how
much I love that ISP, they give me 0 service for 0 cost (they don't
react when I ask them why I don't get bills ...))

Anyway - should you ever need a domain (a general one, not a
country-specific TLD), you get it for a really cheap price and good
conditions at http://gandi.net/ .  I think 12 EUR / year is the best
price you can find ATM - normally you pay 35 EUR, while the "raw cost"
of registering a domain in the database is 6 EUR / year.  AND they
(gandi.net) operate completely based on free software.  (Not really
surprising, but still nice to mention :) .)

Ask me a question and you get a rant!  ;o)

cu,
Felix