[Bf-docboard] less graphics

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
02 Jan 2003 20:36:31 +0100

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 16:22, Alex Heizer wrote:

> > That is correct. We need to create stylesheets for each transformation
> > of DocBook/XML --> PDF, HTML or whatever. I'm not sure how difficult
> > this would be for the PDF version though, but we may be able to find
> > someone who likes to dig into this.
>
> I'll work with Matt (I'll see if he's still interested in working on
> this) on making a design for the pages (overall layout, etc.)
> and make some graphics standards suggestions. We'll make up designs
> for a printed book as well as a Web site, which will mirror the
> printed design, but be more Web-friendly. If someone who knows more
> about working with DocBook/XML wants to help out, that would be cool
> too.

I think that at this moment it would be better to direct our efforts
towards getting the content right. While current PDF and HTML output
doesn't look great but rather ok-ish, I think that people will ignore
that if there is something they can learn :)

We're making great progress now, but we've only been really at work for
a week and a half - I predict it will take a few more months before the
book is 'publisheable' or 'complete' (whatever that means in an open
source project ;-).

Bart

--
Bart Veldhuizen <bart@vrotvrot.com>