[Bf-docboard] [text proposal] Paragraphs on Open Source

Rik Panero bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 01 Jan 2003 11:04:58 -0800

Fascinating, but just a few things I saw while reading:

>In the good old days computers where chunky big things that needed a

were, not where

>good deal of experise to use. This information was very hard to come by

expertise, not experise

>There has been a lot of powerful pointing at
>suits and journalists since then and now "Open Source" is perceived by
>those who matter as the technically excellent not-for-profit anomaly
>that can magically reduce the TCO of a company's IT operations.

Two possible meanings, so clarify "then and now" with commas:  is it
"pointing at suits and journalists since then, and now "Open Source" is"
  or "pointing at suits and journalists since, then and now, "Open Source" is"

      Rik Panero
  rikp1964@yahoo.com
"If I find a film dull, I find it infinitely more
entertaining to watch the scratches."
Norman McLaren (Animator, b.1914-d.1987)

"Many people find joy in actually doing something
the pragmatist would call useless. "
Dorothy Tanning - the "oldest living surrealist" (b. 1910)