[Bf-docboard] Complete hotkey list

instinctive new media bf-docboard@blender.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:14:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

i have still not been able to write the Appendix about
the complete hotkey reference, but I now do have something
what is hopefully a COMPLETE and correct hotkey list for
all parts of Blender.

Not only have I collected keys from various other lists or
from what i know myself, but I also digged through the sources
to find any other keys or to further investigate the function
of a key.

Here we go, comments welcome!

[TAB WIDTH=4]

Key				Function
~				Display all layers
Shift-~			Display all/previous layers

1..2..0-=		Show layer 1..2..12
ALT-1..2..0		Show layer 11..12..20
SHIFT-1..2..0-=	Toggle layer 1..2..12
SHIFT-ALT-...	Toggle layer 11..12..20

Numpad DEL		Zoom on object
Numpad /		Local view on object (hide others)
Numpad *		Rotate view to object's local axes
Numpad +		Zoom in (works everywhere)
Numpad +		Proportional vertex edit mode: Increase range of influence
Numpad -		Zoom out (works everywhere)
Numpad -		Proportional vertex edit mode: Decrease range of influence
Numpad INS		Set Camera view
CTRL-Numpad INS	Set active object as camera
ALT-Numbad INS	Restore old camera
Numpad 1		Front view
CTRL-Numpad 1	Back view
Numpad 3		Right-Side view
CTRL-Numpad 3 	Left-Side view
Numpad 7		Top view
CTRL-Numpad 7	Bottom view
Numpad 5		Toggle orthogonal / perspective view
Numpad 9		Redraw view
Numpad 2		Rotate view left
Numpad 6		Rotate view right
Numpad 8		Rotate view up
Numpad 2		Rotate view down

PgUp			IPO: Select next keyframe
CTRL-PgUp		IPO: Select and jump to next keyframe
PgDn			IPO: Select previous keyframe
CTRL-PgDn		IPO: Select and jump to previous keyframe

LEFT			One frame backwards
RIGHT			One frame forwards
DOWN			10 frames backwards
UP				10 frames forwards

TAB				Enter/exit edit mode
TAB				Sequencer: Edit meta strip
CTRL-TAB		Enter/exit pose mode

A				Select all / Deselect all
ALT-A			Animate current window
CTRL-A			Apply object
SHIFT-A			Sequencer: ADD menu
SHIFT-ALT-A		Animate all windows
SHIFT-CTRL-A	Apply lattice / Make dupliverts real

B				Border select
BB				Circle select
SHIFT-B			Set render border

C				Center view on cursor
C				Sequencer: Change images
C				IPO: Snap current frame to selected key
ALT-C			Convert menu
CTRL-C			Copy menu
SHIFT-C			Center and zoom view on selected objects

D				Set 3d draw mode
ALT-D			Create new instance of object
CTRL-D			Display alpha of image texture as wire
SHIFT-D			Create full copy of object

E				Extrude

F				Edit mode: Make edge/face
F				Sequencer: Set Filter Y
F				Faceselect mode
ALT-F			Beautify fill
CTRL-F			Sort faces in Z direction
CTRL-F			Edit mode: Flip triangle edges
SHIFT-F			Edit mode: Fill with triangles

G				Grab (move)
ALT-G			Remove selected objects from group
ALT-G			XXX FIXME XXX Clear location
CTRL-G			Add selected objects to group
SHIFT-G			Group menu

H				Hide selected vertices/faces
H				Curves: Set handle type
ALT-H			Reveal vertices
CTRL-H			Curves: Automatic handle calculation
SHIFT-H			Hide deselected vertices
SHIFT-H			Curves: Set handle type

I				Keyframe menu

J				Mesh: Join all adjacent triangles to quads
J				Swap render page of render window
CTRL-J			Join selected objects
CTRL-J			Nurbs: Add segment
CTRL-J			IPO: Join keyframes menu

K				3d window: Show keyframe positions
K				IPO: Show keyframe positions
K				Nurbs: Print knots
CTRL-K			Make skeleton from armature
SHIFT-K			Show and select all keyframes for object
SHIFT-K			Faceselect: Clear vertexcolours

L				Make local menu
L				Edit mode: Select linked vertices (near mouse pointer)
L				OOPS window: Select linked objects
CTRL-L			Make links menu
SHIFT-L			Select links menu

M				Move object to different layer
M				Sequencer: Make meta strip (group) from selected strips

N				Numeric input menu (Size/Rot/Loc)
CTRL-N			Armature: Recalculate bone roll angles
CTRL-N			Recalculate normals to outside
CTRL-ALT-N		Recalculate normals to inside

O				Edit mode: Toggle proportional vertex editing
ALT-O			Clear object origin
CTRL-O			Revert current file to last saved
SHIFT-O			Proportional vertex edit mode: Toggle smooth/steep falloff

P				Start realtime engine
P				Edit mode: Seperate vertices to new object
ALT-P			Clear parent relationship
CTRL-P			Make active object parent of selected object
CTRL-P			Edit mode: Make active vertex parent of selected object

R				Rotate
R				IPO: Record mouse movement as IPO curve
RX				Rotate around X axis
RXX				Rotate around object's local X axis
RY				Rotate around Y axis
RYY				Rotate around object's local Y axis
RZ				Rotate around Z axis
RZZ				Rotate around object's local Z axis
ALT-R			Clear object rotation
SHIFT-R			Nurbs: Select row

S				Scale
SX				Flip around X axis
SY				Flip around Y axis
ALT-S			Edit mode: Shrink/fatten (Scale along vertex normals)
ALT-S			Clear object size
CTRL-S			Edit mode: Shear
SHIFT-S			Cursor/Grid snap menu

T 				Sequencer: Touch and print selected movies
T				Adjust texture space
T				Edit mode: Flip 3d curve
T				IPO: Change IPO type
ALT-T			Clear tracking of object
CTRL-T			Make selected object track active object
CTRL-T			Mesh: Convert to triangles
CTRL-ALT-T		Blenchmark

U				Make single user menu
U				Edit mode: Reload object data from before entering edit mode
U				Faceselect mode: Automatic UV calculation menu
U				Vertex-/Weightpaint mode: Undo
CTRL-U			Save current state as user default

V				Curves/Nurbs: Vector handle
V				Vertexpaint mode
ALT-V			Scale object to match image texture's aspect ratio
SHIFT-V			Edit mode: Align view to selected vertices

W				Boolean operations menu
W				Edit mode: Specials menu
CTRL-W			Save current file
CTRL-W			Nurbs: Switch direction
SHIFT-W			Warp/bend selected vertices around cursor

X				Delete menu
CTRL-X			Restore default state (Erase all)

Y				Mesh: Split selected vertices/faces from the rest

Z				Switch 3d draw type (see also D)