[Bf-docboard] The Fileformat & Getting started

Jason Oppel bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:35:15 -0500

I have a cleaned up version of the Blender history that's on Blender.org:

http://www.blender3d.com/tonroosendaal.html

I'll XMLify it and post it to this list when I get it converted and we can =
use it as a starting point for the "Blender's History" section.

-Jason <Pato>

-----Original Message-----
From: Bart Veldhuizen <bart@vrotvrot.com>
To: bf-docboard@blender.org
Date: 29 Nov 2002 15:31:16 +0100=20
Subject: [Bf-docboard] The Fileformat & Getting started

Hi,

As Stefano has already mentioned in his article on blender.org,
we have decided that DocBook/XML is the way to go for the Blender
Documentation.

This means that you can start writing now! We have the following
material available:

- The Styleguide:
http://www.blender.org/modules/documentation/styleguide/html/ (Stefano -
could you give us the URL of the XML souce to this again, please?)

- A Table of Contents / Document structure proposal in DocBook:
http://vrotvrot.com/BlenderDoc/BlenderManual.tar.gz. As a PDF:
http://vrotvrot.com/BlenderDoc/BlenderManual.pdf.zip .

Since the project spaces on blender.org are not functional yet, I am
offering to integrate contributions into the main document. Please send
your updates to me and I'll merge them into the CVS tree and publish
the result.

If you need more information about DocBook, start by visiting
http://www.docbook.org - it is *the* reference site!

To get DocBook installed on your system, you can try Xitnalta's docbook
environment. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say how well it works
with standard DocBook files:

http://mysite.iptic.com/xitnalta/

Carsten has sent in a bunch of icon and button screenshots, but I
haven't had time to examine that yet.=20

I suggest that if you would like to write something, you first drop a
line to the maillist - just to prevent that someone else is writing the
same thing at the same time.

Got questions? Let me know!

B@rt

PS: URL of Stefano's article:

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=3Dmodload&name=3DNews&file=3Darticle&=
sid=3D17&mode=3Dflat&order=3D0&thold=3D0

--
Bart Veldhuizen <bart@vrotvrot.com>