[Bf-docboard] License decision

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:23:00 +0100

Hi Bart!

On 27 Nov 2002 20:26:43 +0100
Bart Veldhuizen <bart@vrotvrot.com> wrote:

> Not everything in life has to be free! And think about it this way: by
> selling the original 2.0 manual, the BF at least has some income. How do
> you think it pays for the web services and the occaisional pizza for
> Ton? ;-)

_Some_ areas of life can indeed not work without some control on them,
but this does not even apply to the majority of possible cases.

I have no problem with licensing _existing_ work under a license that is
between <what was> and <free>.  That's some progress at least (even if
not yet totally certain).  But you will see me more commenting than
working on the new documentation until the licensing issues have been
finally resolved.

Not that I could do more for you anyway - I will maybe have to fight to
have some free time around christmas, if luck should have decided to
hate me and fill me up with work :(.

We'll see.  I'll track your progress for sure.

cu,
Felix